Winnick & Co.
Gary Winnick is the chairman of Winnick & Co., a Los Angeles-based private investment firm he founded in 1985. The company provides capital, strategic direction and operational expertise to entrepreneurs and early-stage businesses in a variety of sectors, including sports, digital media, entertainment, technology, software, financial services, telecommunications, health care and real estate. Winnick is a billionaire who saw early success 20 years ago with the $734 million sale of the stock of telecom company Global Crossing. He acquired in 2017 a minority stake in digital entertainment company Qello for an undisclosed amount. He spun off its live-music subsidiary Qello Concerts – also on undisclosed terms – but kept the core of the business. He also chairs the Winnick Family Foundation. He and his wife, children’s book author Karen Winnick, support a number of environmental, animal-rights, health care and Jewish causes. Winnick, No. 45 on the Los Angeles Business Journal’s list of Wealthiest Angelenos, has an estimated net worth of $1.5 billion.
You May Also Like
- Wealthiest Angelenos: 47. GARY WINNICK
- 45. Gary Winnick
- Winnick Dials Up Deal for OTT-Streaming Site
- Global Crossing Founder Winnick Takes Majority Stake in Streaming Service Qello
- Silicon Beach Report March 9: Global Crossing Founder Winnick Takes Majority Stake in Streaming Service Qello
- LA 500: Gary Winnick
- LA 500: Lodwrick “Lod” Cook