GARY K. MICHELSON, MD
President, Michelson Medical Research Foundation
Founder, Michelson Found Animals Foundation
Founder, Michelson 20MM Foundation
Dr. Gary Michelson is a distinguished board-certified orthopedic spinal surgeon and a diplomat of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons. Born and raised in Philadelphia, he left home at 17 and put himself through college and medical school. Disappointed with low success rates and unreliability of the spinal surgical procedures at that time, he spent the next 20 years developing implants, surgical procedures and related surgical instruments, becoming a prolific and renowned inventor in the field of medicine. He is the sole-named inventor of more than 950 patents issued worldwide. He has founded various philanthropic organizations, including the Michelson 20MM Foundation and the Michelson Found Animals Foundation. Michelson has an estimated net worth of $2 billion and is No. 34 on the Los Angeles Business Journal’s list of Wealthiest Angelenos.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- LA 500: Gary K. Michelson
- Wealthiest Angelenos: 39. GARY MICHELSON
- Koreatown-Based Pragma Inc. Raises $2.5M Backed by the Mayo Clinic, Michelson 20MM
- Wealthiest Angelenos: Gary Michelson - #30
- The 50 Wealthiest Angelenos: Gary Michelson #23
- The 50 Wealthiest Angelenos: Gary Michelson - #25
- GARY MICHELSON
- 34. Gary Karlin Michelson