Evan Spiegel co-founded the popular Snapchat messaging and video mobile app in 2010 with his Stanford University peers Bobby Murphy and Reggie Brown. Snap has grown to an average of 187 million daily users, according to the company’s 2017 annual report. Spiegel led the initial public offering of Snapchat’s parent company, Snap, in March 2017, becoming the youngest bachelor’s degree in entrepreneurship of a public company, at age 26. A first-trading-day bump sent Snap’s market capitalization to about $33 billion, but shares since then have fallen significantly, with the company’s market cap now hovering at about $16 billion. Snap in June notched a partnership with music-streaming company Pandora Media Inc., which will allow Pandora songs to be shared by Snapchat users through the messaging platform.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Bobby Murphy
- LA 500: Bobby Murphy
- UPDATE: Snap Inc. Files for $3 Billion IPO; Discloses 158 Million Daily Active Users
- LA 500: Evan Spiegel
- Wealthiest Angelenos: 39, Bobby Murphy
- Snapchat Settles Ownership Dispute
- Temporary Message App Speaks to Surprise Investor
- Wealthiest Angelenos: 17. BOBBY MURPHY