Donald Friese is chief executive of C.R. Laurence, a glass products company that he sold in 2015 to Ireland-based building supplier Oldcastle Building Envelope for $1.3 billion. Friese still owns land underneath all C.R. Laurence facilities in Vernon, a real estate portfolio with an estimated value of $300 million. Friese, No. 51 on the Los Angeles Business Journal’s list of Wealthiest Angelenos, has an estimated net worth of $1.3 billion. He gave his C.R. Laurence employees $86 million in the days after the sale to Oldcastle closed. Friese headed to Los Angeles with $125 in his pocket and joined C.R. Laurence in 1961 as a warehouse worker. He worked his way up the ranks, ultimately becoming the owner and expanding the company’s reach globally.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- 51. Donald Friese
- C.R. Laurence Acquired in $1.3 Billion Deal
- Wealthiest Angelenos: 53. DONALD FRIESE
- Glass Forges Newest Billionaire
- Wealthiest Angelenos: 49, Donald E. Friese
- C.R. Laurence Expands Manufacturing Space in Vernon
- Friese Frame: Don Kicks Off Holidays with Style
- USC Unveils New Business School Home