Publisher and Editor-in-Chief
Los Angeles Jewish Journal
David Suissa is the publisher and editor-in-chief of the Los Angeles Jewish Journal, which has been undergoing a redesign and revamp since he took over both posts in October. The publication was founded in 1987 with a mission is to serve the Jewish community. The free weekly publication operates as a nonprofit and has a weekly distribution of 50,000 copies. Among Suissa’s changes to the publication is a new editorial direction more focused on commentary and less on local reporting. Suissa was a longtime columnist for the Journal, a job that landed him the “Best Columnist” award by the L.A. Press Club in 2009 and, in 2014, first prize for editorial writing by the American Jewish Press Association.
What was your proudest moment?
Launching a new look for the Jewish Journal
What is your alma mater?
What is your next project?
Expanding our online presence
Who is your hero?
What do you like best about Los Angeles?
The open spirit
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Jewish Journal Eyes Big Apple
- Jewish Journal Editor, Publisher Rob Eshman to Step Down
- Gregory Rodriguez
- New Magazine Positive About Show Biz Coverage
- Bigger is Better for TV Guide Sales
- LA Weekly Interim Editor Suspended for Offensive Tweets
- David B. Agus, MD
- Newspaper Looks to Turn Page With Digital Plans