Dickerson Insurance Services
Carl Dickerson is the chairman and founder of Dickerson Insurance Services, which he started in 1965 after working as a teacher and educator for four years at UC San Francisco and West Philadelphia High School. He is involved in various civic groups, including service as a board member and vice chair of Town Hall Los Angeles, a downtown-based nonprofit that has been “presenting issues that affect the Los Angeles community and providing a platform for public discussion from a nonpartisan point of view” for 80 years. He also is an advisory board member for Irvine-based Acorns Grow Inc.’s Acorns Micro- Investing App, which raised $50 million funding round led by New York-based Black Rock Inc. earlier this year. The app brings microinvesting to the masses at nominal fees with no minimums. Dickerson is a graduate of Lincoln University in Pennsylvania, the first degree-granting Historically Black College and University.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- LA 500: Carl Dickerson
- DIVERSITY FOCUS SPOTLIGHT: Dickerson Insurance Services - Approaching Diversity with an Inclusion Strategy
- Diversity & Inclusion Summit: TONY LEE
- BET Founder to Buy Image Entertainment
- App Links Up Parents, Early Education Centers
- Wealthiest Angelenos: 5. ELI BROAD
- Black Television Pioneer Likes His View of Image
- Lowell Milken