ALEC E. GORES
Chairman and Chief Executive
Alec Gores founded Gores Group in 1987 and has grown it into a global private equity firm of about $2 billion in assets under management, with a focus on acquiring controlling interests in and partnering with mature and growing businesses. Gores Group has acquired and operated more than 100 companies since its founding and has a portfolio of companies spanning diverse industries, including technology, telecommunications, health care, media and entertainment and business services. Prior to Gores Group, Gores self-funded and founded Executive Business Systems, a developer and distributor of business software systems. Gores sold the company to CONTEL in 1986. Gores has an estimated net worth of $2.9 billion and is No. 26 on the Los Angeles Business Journal’s list of Wealthiest Angelenos.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- LA 500: Alec E. Gores
- Private Equity Firms Platinum, Gores Group, Sell Data Blue to Court Square Capital Partners
- The 50 Wealthiest Angelenos: Alec Gores - #19
- The Money Book: Alec E. Gores
- 26. Alec Gores
- Gores Group Completes Joint Venture With Premier Foods
- Platinum Equity, Gores Group Sell IT Company
- Wealthiest Angelenos: 27, Alec Gores