Realm Group, a joint venture between Newport Beach-based Realm Estate and The Bascom Group of Irvine, has purchased a 1.7-acre parcel of land at the corner of 7th Street and Maple Avenue in downtown Los Angeles for $24.3 million and plans to build a a 33-story, 452-unit tower in the Fashion District.
HFF Inc., a Dallas-based capital markets and brokerage firm, secured a land loan from New York-based lender Ladder Capital, to purchase the site. HFF represents the project’s vertical construction financing. The HFF team on the deal, which closed July 6, was Charles Halladay, Andrew Hornblower and Jamie Kline.
Realm Group rezoned and entitled the area – currently a parking lot – for the development, which will include 13,600 square feet of ground-floor commercial space.
The joint venture is partnering with Westside-based Urban Offerings Inc., to develop the property, which is planned to offer residential lofts with a sixth-floor pool terrace and a dog park.
Real estate reporter Ciaran McEvoy can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or (323) 556-8337.
You May Also Like
- MWest Holdings Buys 128,200-SF Complex in San Pedro for $36.3M
- CalSTRS Strikes Joint Venture With DivcoWest Real Estate
- El Segundo Campus Sold for $39 Million
- Three Parcels in Downtown Sell for $134 Million
- Three Parcels in Malibu Acquired for $42.5M
- Five-Building, 27-Acre Campus in Torrance Sold for $124M
- DivcoWest, CalSTRS Put L.A. in JV’s Sights
- Prologis Picks Up 31.2 Acres in Torrance