With the two organizations’ joint reach and influence, the belief is that they will be able to bring in a new perspective and important voices to the conversation that have not existed before.
Enabling real change in the industry or in any other is no small task. The responsibility of bridging the gender gap in business lies with us all, including both men and women.
Businesses thrive when women lead and make decisions. Yet, women still face many challenges as they make their way to the top, particularly in the traditionally male-dominated industries of sports and technology.
The Clippers organization has the opportunity and privilege to help elevate other women and help focus and amplify the importance of female empowerment and equality in the workplace. The strongest thing about the partnership with Bumble is that this is a badge that’s being worn by male NBA players.
What we need is collaboration – men and women working together – in all industries and from all backgrounds and perspectives. There’s never been a more critical time to make real change happen. We all need to step up, stand together and set a new status quo for the next generation of women leaders.
To learn more about the L.A. Clippers partnership with Bumble visit www.clippers.com/bumble.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Diversity & Inclusion Summit 2018: Why an NBA Team Is Taking On Gender Equality
- Los Angeles Business Journal Women's Council: Enterprise Executive of the Year Award WINNER - GILLIAN ZUCKER
- Bumble on Clippers Jersey Patch
- 2019 Women's Council & Awards: WEConnect International to Team with UN Women to Promote Gender Equality
- Los Angeles Business Journal Women's Council: Women in Research Releases Study Data Examining the Impact of Industry Equality Initiatives
- Women's Council & Awards 2018: Getting to Equal in Los Angeles: Driving Equality in the Workplace
- 2019 Women's Council & Awards: Empowering Women, Advancing Success
- Women's Council & Awards 2018: Bank of America Los Angeles - A Century of Commitment to Women’s Equality