TT Games, makers of the Lego video game franchise published by Warner Brothers Interactive Entertainment in Burbank, has announced the opening of TT Games Brighton, a new UK-based development studio focused on creating new Lego games designed for mobile platforms.
Jason Avent, founder and former head of UK game developer Boss Alien and creator of "CSR Racing" drag racing video game, will serve as head of studio for the new studio.
“There is a huge opportunity for Lego games on mobile,” said TT Games Managing Director Tom Stone in a Jan. 31 statement.
“I love Lego, and I’m thrilled to be able to create new games encompassing all of the wonderful core values of Lego, designed and built from the ground up for mobile,” Avent said in the statement. “Our new titles will be accessible, exciting and of course packed with the trademark TT Games fun and humor.”
TT Games, an affiliate of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc, is the developer of Lego video game franchises including "Star Wars," "Harry Potter," "Marvel Super Heroes" and "Indiana Jones"-themed games.
Media and entertainment reporter Diane Haithman can be reached at email@example.com. Follow her on Twitter @dhaithman.
You May Also Like
- Warner Bros. Unit Makes Gaming Acquisition
- Warner Bros. Reshapes Global Theatrical, Home Entertainment Units
- Snap and Time Warner Sign $100 Million Content Deal
- Visual Effects Company Digital Domain to Expand to Beijing
- New Leadership at Trailer Park Inc.
- Entertainment Weekly to Move to Los Angeles
- Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment Fills Top Gamer Post
- Warner Bros., Lego Want to Kick the Brick Out of Minecraft