Hawke Media, a digital marketing company based in Santa Monica and among the fastest growing firms in Los Angeles County, has acquired growth marketing specialist Execute LA.
Hawke Media announced this week it had picked up the privately held Venice company for an undisclosed sum.
Execute LA, co-founded a year ago by Hank Leber and Wesley Clock, markets for early stage and growing companies. Clients include Bruno Mars’ SelvaRey rum and DrumChannel, an educational drumming website.
“Execute LA has done some incredible work for a number of really impressive brands and we are excited to be bringing both the team and their clients into the Hawke Media family,” said Erik Huberman, founder and chief executive of Hawke.
Leber listed Execute LA on his Linkedin page as “the growth marketing arm” of Amplify.LA, a Venice-based venture capital startup accelerator.
A spokeswoman for Hawke Media did not immediate respond to questions about terms of the deal.
Hawke Media, which had 120 employees before the acquisition, was ranked fifth last year on a Business Journal list of the fastest-growing private companies. Its revenues rose 500 percent, from $900,000 to $5.5 million between 2014 and 2016.
Health business reporter Dana Bartholomew can be reached at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @_DanaBart.
You May Also Like
- Silicon Beach Report Jan. 31: Vubiquity to Be Acquired for $224 Million by Amdocs
- Fastest Growing Private Companies: Hawke Media Pioneers Contract Marketing
- Marketer Helps Stars Tap Shine
- Digital Hot, Ice Cream Cool
- SnapMD Raises $7.1M to Market Telemedicine Platform
- Video Game Publisher Finds Competitors Are Good Source of Labor
- Medical Simulation Confab Displays Hot Market
- Clearlake Capital Invests in Video-Based Telematics for Car Fleets