Veteran public broadcasting executive Judy McAlpine has been appointed president of USC Radio Group.
USC Radio Group, the broadcast service of USC, operates classical music station KUSC in Los Angeles and Bay Area classical station KDFC.
McAlpine most recently headed up McAlpine Creative Consulting in Stratford, Ontario, Canada, serving nonprofit media and arts institutions. Prior to that, she held management and programming positions at American Public Media Group and CBC/Radio-Canada in Toronto.
In a letter to USC and KDFC staff announcing the appointment, USC Senior Vice President of University Relations Thomas S. Sayles said: “(McAlpine) is a dynamic leader and forward-thinking executive with a deep and abiding love of public service media, classical music, and the arts.”
Media and entertainment reporter Diane Haithman can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow her on Twitter @dhaithman.
You May Also Like
- Entravision Communications Corp. Acquires Palm Springs TV Stations
- Paul Rosenberg Named CEO of Def Jam Recordings
- BMG Production Music Acquires Immediate Music
- Annenberg Foundation Awards $3 Million to Music Center for Arts Education
- PBS SoCal’s KOCE-TV Earns $49 Million in FCC Auction
- Universal Music Group, Facebook Strike Licensing Agreement
- Broad Museum Adds New Board Members
- Colburn School Receives $1 Million Bequest from Iona Benson