O’Melveny & Myers LLP
Years Practicing: 11
Years with Current Firm: 5
William K. Pao is a seasoned commercial litigator whose diverse practice focuses on three main areas: securities litigation, financial services litigation, and complex commercial litigation involving Chinese companies. Pao’s clients include companies across a wide spectrum of industries, including banking, technology, automotive, agriculture, education, fashion, and apparel. As a secondee to one of the nation’s largest banks, Pao managed a large portfolio of high-exposure, high-stakes consumer banking litigation. He also possesses domain expertise in securities litigation and regularly writes and speaks on securities issues. In addition, he has substantial experience advising and representing Chinese companies and US companies that operate in China. He speaks Mandarin, and has spent considerable time in China, Hong Kong, and Taiwan.
Prior to joining O’Melveny, Pao served as a law clerk to the Honorable Fortunato Benavides of the US Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit and the Hon. David F. Levi, formerly of the US District Court for the Eastern District of California.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- The Most Influential Intellectual Property Attorneys In Los Angeles: RYAN YAGURA
- Westwood Lawyer Stocks China
- Jury Out on Legal Giant’s Merger
- L.A. LAW
- Building Relationships to Ease Entry to Massive Market
- Leaders in Law 2018 Winners: Public Small Company In-House Counsel of the Year - Jennifer Banks
- Two More Firms Court Clients in South Korea
- SPECIAL REPORT: Law Firm Helped Make Case for L.A.