Covington & Burling LLP
Years Practicing: 13
Years with Current Firm: 1.5
Wade Ackerman is a leading national FDA regulatory and health policy lawyer based here in Los Angeles. With a combination of substantive life sciences expertise, a high profile in the industry, and significant federal government experience, Ackerman has a unique practice for the Southern California legal market. After starting his legal career in LA, Ackerman spent eight years in government service in Washington and returned to LA last year to join Covington as a partner.
Ackerman has deep experience working on FDA regulatory and public policy issues, both from within the last Administration (at the FDA) and on the Hill. Ackerman’s commitment to helping advance medical innovation and promote consumer safety has continued since joining Covington last year, and his counsel is highly sought after by companies and trade associations around the world. Until June 2016, he served as Senior FDA Counsel to the U.S. Senate Health Education, Labor & Pensions Committee and was involved in all federal legislation that affected the regulatory authorities of the FDA.
You May Also Like
- Firm’s Legal Presence in San Diego Proves Brief
- The Most Influential Intellectual Property Attorneys In Los Angeles: MITCH KAMIN
- MOST INFLUENTIAL MINORITY ATTORNEYS: AARON LEWIS
- Leaders in Law 2018: In-House Counsel Nominees - Jason P. Lee
- Judging the Lawyers- Government Affairs
- MOST INFLUENTIAL MINORITY ATTORNEYS: JOHNNIE A. JAMES
- Leaders in Law 2018: In-House Counsel Nominees - Allison Buchner
- Boutique Firm Rules in Favor of Youthful Hires