Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
Years Practicing: 12
Years with Current Firm: 12
Semma Arzapalo, a partner in Pillsbury’s Los Angeles office, represents large institutional investors in numerous private equity transactions ranging from initial due diligence to investing in complex limited partnerships. As a part of her private equity practice, Arzapalo also represents institutional investors in negotiating investment terms in private equity, hedge fund and real estate investments, in restructuring private equity investments and real estate investments, and in portfolio transactions. Her corporate and transactional practice includes advising clients on general corporate matters, including mergers and acquisitions and joint ventures.
Arzapalo was recently named a partner at Pillsbury at the relatively young age of 37. Over the past 18 months, a large public pension plan engaged Arzapalo in connection with a complete renegotiation of their 16-year strategic relationship with their non-discretionary investment manager in which the client committed $2 billion for investments in private equity funds. In connection with this engagement, Arzapalo and team secured beneficial business and legal terms for our client that were not originally obtained with the investment manager.
You May Also Like
- Most Influential Women Attorneys: CANDICE CHOH
- MOST INFLUENTIAL MINORITY ATTORNEYS: LUKE GUERRA
- Leaders in Law Finalists - Attorney Awards: REAL ESTATE ATTORNEYS
- If It Really Were Easy, We'd All Be Launching Our Own Funds
- Leaders in Law Finalists - Attorney Awards: CORPORATE ATTORNEYS
- Reduce Barriers to Growth: Three Reasons Tech Companies Should Conduct Audits Early