Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
Years Practicing: 20
Years with Current Firm: 20
Kim Buffington is known for both her leadership and track record in complex intellectual property, commercial class actions and insurance coverage matters. At the beginning of 2017, she became Managing Partner of Pillsbury’s 85-lawyer Los Angeles office upon her return from maternity leave. In her busy practice, she represents leading media and entertainment companies in IP litigation, and she recently co-led the team that represented a global manufacturing company in its successful opposition to a motion for class certification in multi-district litigation that involved a class of potentially millions of plaintiffs.
Buffington is also co-leader of the firm’s Internet & Social Media team, which is highly regarded for its blog posts. It consistently lands on Feedspot’s Top 100 Social Media Blogs & Websites on the web, has attracted over 15K page views in the past year, and some of the posts have been picked up major news outlets, including Business Law News, Mondaq, Business Insurance, the Daily Journal and the Licensing Journal.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Top Litigators in Los Angeles: KIM BUFFINGTON
- Most Influential Women Lawyers: Carolyn Toto
- Most Influential Women Attorneys: MARIAH BRANDT
- Most Influential Women Attorneys: MARY CRAIG CALKINS
- Most Influential Women Lawyers: Junga Kim
- YURI MIKULKA
- Most Influential Minority Attorneys: Stacie Yee
- Most Influential Minority Attorneys: Elizabeth Sperling