Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
Years Practicing: 20
Years with Current Firm: 11
Camilo Echavarria’s outstanding performance in his practice and his contributions to advancing his community are what distinguish him and make him the personification of leadership and influence. He defends employers in single and multi-plaintiff litigation and class action cases. He specializes in employment litigation with an emphasis on disability discrimination, sexual harassment, retaliation, wage and hour issues, and wrongful termination.
In the past 18 months, Echavarria has successfully defended over 30 Lawsuits for some of the most prominent employers in the country. Clients include Bank of America, 24 Hour Fitness, Providence, Kaiser Permanente, United Airlines, and Alaska Airlines. Among his recent defense and class action accomplishments was a case where California Permanente Medical Group et al. He was co-lead trial counsel in a case brought by a longtime physician partner of Southern California Permanente Medical Group with 13 causes of action alleging, among other accusations, unlawful retaliation, violation of public policy, health and safety violations, defamation, and emotional distress. After a three week trial, the judge returned a complete defense verdict for all defendants on all claims.
You May Also Like
- Most Influential Women Attorneys: LEONORA SCHLOSS
- Most Influential Women Attorneys: KATE S. GOLD
- Leaders in Law Finalists - Attorney Awards: LABOR AND EMPLOYMENT ATTORNEYS
- Top Litigators in Los Angeles: JAMES R. EVANS, JR.
- Profiles of the 50 Best-Compensated Lawyers in L.A.
- MOST INFLUENTIAL MINORITY ATTORNEYS: RALPH CAMPILLO
- MOST INFLUENTIAL MINORITY ATTORNEYS: ANTHONY NGUYEN
- MOST INFLUENTIAL MINORITY ATTORNEYS: MIKE MADOKORO