Esports One raises $3 million to help viewers make sense of e-sports competitions; Snapchat to let users share content on other social networks; and Boring Co. pitches Culver City Council on tunneling plan.
Esports One has raised $3 million to provide artificial intelligence-based analytics for e-sports fans, VentureBeat reports. The startup said it uses computer vision, machine learning and custom analytics to help e-sports enthusiasts understand in real time what is happening within competitions.
Snapchat users will soon be able to share Stories outside the app on Facebook and Twitter in an effort to spark traffic growth on the social media app, CNBC reports. Users will be able to share Stories to their linked social media accounts or through text or email with a link to a webpage where people who don’t have the app can view the message.
Elon Musk’s subterranean side project, Boring Co., went before the Culver City Council last night with its proposal to dig a 6.5-mile “proof-of-concept” tunnel underneath Los Angeles, with the goal of solving the region’s traffic woes, The Verge reports. The five City Council members met the presentation with mixed reactions, including concerns that the company’s private transportation network could take away passengers from government-funded transportation systems.
Technology reporter Garrett Reim can be reached at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @garrettreim for the latest in L.A. tech news.
You May Also Like
- Silicon Beach Report May 18: Musk Goes Deep on Boring Co. Plans
- Silicon Beach Report June 11: L.A. Football Club Testing Biometric Ticketing
- Silicon Beach Report Feb 22: Kylie Jenner’s Tweet Cuts $1.3 Billion of Snap's Market Value
- Facebook Sending Message to Snapchat
- Silicon Beach Report Feb. 2: Science Closes $75 Million Fund
- Tunnel Skepticism Runs Deep
- Silicon Beach Report Oct. 19: SpaceX Targeting November for Mysterious 'Zuma' Launch
- Investors Jump to Score Piece of E-Sports Firms