2nd Street, Japan’s largest retailer of second-hand clothing and accessories, opened its first U.S. store on Melrose Ave, the company announced Friday.
"I am delighted and honored to be opening our first North American 2nd Street store on Melrose in Los Angeles,” said Masahiro Kikuchi, chief executive of the company, in a statement. “2nd Street is committed to offering…reliable quality goods that have been carefully selected.”
2nd Street USA Inc. is a subsidiary of Japan’s GEO Holdings Corp. The 2,800-square-foot store on Melrose plans to offer some 10,000 men’s and women’s clothing and accessories from Japanese and other international labels, such as Comme des Garçons, A Bathing Ape, Porter, Supreme, MCM, Burberry and Vivienne Westwood. The store will also serve as a buyer of clothes, the company said.
2nd Street plans to open two more stores in California over the next two years and aims to expand to 10 stores in the U.S. by 2020.
Manufacturing and trade reporter Shwanika Narayan can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 323-556-8351. Follow her on Twitter @shwanika.
You May Also Like
- Hapik Opens First U.S. Store in El Paseo South Gate
- Apparel Manufacturer Topson Signs $30M Warehouse Lease
- Skechers Stock Jumps 41 Percent on Record Sales Numbers
- Fat Brands to Open More Restaurants in Indonesian Market
- Clearlake Capital Portfolio Company Acquires Amcor Industries
- Jaanuu Launches Scrubs Collection for Men
- Clothing Label Reformation Raises $25 Million
- Brick and Mortar Clicks With Technology Vendor