Internet Brands has reached an agreement to acquire Avvo Inc., an online directory of law firms and legal services, for an undisclosed amount, according to a press release.
Internet Brands will add the Seattle-based brand to several legal services search websites it already owns including Lawyers.com and AllLaw.com. The deal is expected to close soon.
Avvo attracts more than 100 million annual visits to its namesake website and mobile apps through an offering of legal services, attorney profiles, forums, and educational content for consumers and attorneys, according to the release.
The company was founded in 2006 and will continue to operate from its headquarters in Seattle under the direction of its existing leadership team. The Avvo brand will be retained following completion of the acquisition.
Technology reporter Garrett Reim can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @garrettreim for the latest in L.A. tech news.
You May Also Like
- Silicon Beach Report Jan. 11: Venture Capital Investment to L.A. Region Falls Again
- Internet Brands Buys Demandforce
- Caltius Equity Partners Sells Vision Technology Solutions
- Marlin Equity Partners Acquires AddStructure, Merges It with Bazaarvoice
- Internet Brands to Buy WebMD for $2.8 Billion
- Tetra Tech Acquires Australian Engineering Firm Norman Disney
- Silicon Beach Report July 11: Warner Bros. Settles with FTC Over Undisclosed Promotions
- Patch of Land Gets $250 Million Commitment