Gov. Jerry Brown on Feb. 27 named seven judges to the Los Angeles County Superior Court, including two attorneys from local law firms.
The seven newly-appointed judges are:
• Michael Amerian, 43, of Los Angeles. He has served as a deputy city attorney in the Los Angeles City Attorney’s Office since 2003.
• Armenui Ashvanian, 46, of Glendale. She has served as a deputy district attorney at the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office since 2005.
• Ashfaq (Ron) Chowdhury, 43, of Los Angeles. He has served as a deputy federal public defender at the Office of the Federal Public Defender for the Central District of California (Los Angeles region) since 2010.
• Danette Gómez, 41, of Huntington Beach. She has served as a deputy district attorney at the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office since 2006.
• Kimberley Baker Guillemet, 39, of View Park-Windsor Hills. She has served as director of the Los Angeles Mayor’s Office of Reentry since 2015.
• Joseph Lipner, 53, of Los Angeles. He has been a partner at Century City law firm Irell and Manella since 1996; the firm hired him as an associate in 1991.
• Audra Mori, 50, of Santa Monica. She was named managing partner of the Century City office of Seattle-based law firm Perkins Coie last year and has been a partner at the firm since 2005.
Five of the seven new judges are registered Democrats; Amerian is a Republican and Mori is registered as “no party preference.” Compensation for each judge is $200,042.
Economy, education, energy and transportation reporter Howard Fine can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @howardafine.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Gov. Appoints 6 to L.A. Superior Court
- Gov. Brown Appoints Local Attorneys to Judicial Posts
- Brown Names 15 to the L.A. County Superior Court, Trump Names Five to the Ninth Circuit, U.S. District Court
- Who's Who: 25 of the Most Influential, High-Profile Judges in L.A.
- Bankruptcy Attorney Turns in Peak Performances at 64
- L.A. Attorneys Appointed Superior Court Judges
- Geragos Attorney Named to Superior Court
- Downtown Firm Takes Shot at Snapchat Content