Investment fund Vision Esports announced on Feb. 22 that it raised $38 million in a round led by Evolution Media, the investment firm backed by Creative Artists Agency and private equity fund TPG Growth.
Vision Esports used capital from its recent fundraising round to increase its stakes in its portfolio of e-sports companies, including e-sports franchise Echo Fox, e-sports record keeper Twin Galaxies and e-sports production company Vision Entertainment. The investment firm is now the largest shareholder in each of those startups.
Additional investors in the round include Shamrock Holdings, the private investment arm of the Disney family; Seth Bernstein Capital Management; Simon Tikhman of First Access Entertainment; NFL player Odell Beckham Jr.; NBA player Kevin Durant and MLB team St. Louis Cardinals.
Technology reporter Garrett Reim can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @garrettreim for the latest in L.A. tech news.
You May Also Like
- Silicon Beach Report Feb 22: Kylie Jenner’s Tweet Cuts $1.3 Billion of Snap's Market Value
- Glendale Bank Purchased for $44 Million
- E-Sports Ad Tech Firm VY Esports Raises Seed Round
- Silicon Beach Report Jan. 10: Snap Inc. Places International Headquarters in London
- E-Sports Operator Cloud9 Raises $25 Million from WWE, Others
- Silicon Beach Report Oct. 19: SpaceX Targeting November for Mysterious 'Zuma' Launch
- Silicon Beach Report Jan 23: Esports One Raises $3 Million to Help Viewers Make Sense of E-sports Competitions
- Online Consignment Shop Tradesy Raises $30 Million