Snapchat promises update after users balk at redesign; Elon Musk leaves AI foundation he co-founded; and Port Logistics Group invests in e-commerce startup Whiplash.
Snap Inc. on Feb. 20 responded to a Change.org petition that sought a reversal of the messaging app’s latest redesign, Reuters reports. In its response, Snapchat did not agree to the petitioners' demand but promised to roll out a new update in the coming weeks that will bring some changes to the “Friends and Discover” section in the app.
A prominent tech nonprofit called OpenAI announced that Tesla Chief Executive Elon Musk, a co-founder and occasional A.I. alarmist, is leaving its board, CNBC reports. Musk said in 2014 that AI is "potentially more dangerous than nukes," and when OpenAI was introduced in December 2015, Musk and other organizers played up the organization's intent to develop technology that could help people and focus on safety.
Port Logistics Group announced that it invested in a Series A funding for Whiplash Merchandising Inc., an e-commerce order management system and warehouse management system developer, according to a press release. Port Logistics Group said the investment strengthens its position as a direct-to-consumer fulfillment provider.
Technology reporter Garrett Reim can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @garrettreim for the latest in L.A. tech news.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report July 9: Snap Builds Camera Search
- Silicon Beach Report Jan 23: Esports One Raises $3 Million to Help Viewers Make Sense of E-sports Competitions
- Silicon Beach Report Sept. 9: Honest Co. in Sales Talks
- Silicon Beach Report Feb. 2: Science Closes $75 Million Fund
- Silicon Beach Report Dec. 19: Rubicon Project Tests Tool to Block, Snooze, or Like Ads
- Silicon Beach Report July 25: Modular Construction Startup Emagispace Raises $4.2 Million
- Silicon Beach Report July 19: Pasadena Avatar-Generating Startup Oben Inc. Raises $5 Million
- Silicon Beach Report Feb. 20: Whatsapp Updates with Snapchat-Like Vanishing Content