Jakks Pacific Inc. will launch a collection of “technologically advanced and interactive” magic wands based on the “Harry Potter” films thanks to a partnership between the toymaker and Warner Brothers.
Santa Monica-based Jakks holds a license for Burbank-based Warner Brothers Entertainment Inc.’s Harry Potter franchise. The companies introduced the “Harry Potter Wizard Training Wands” at the recent New York Toy Fair.
The wands use active motion sensors and track movement and can be played with friends or alone. There are 11 different spells to learn from and fans can choose Harry Potter’s, Albus Dumbledore’s or Lord Voldemort’s wand. All retail for $24.99 each.
The toy line also includes the new Niffler Challenge Game inspired by “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them” part of the Harry Potter universe, the company said.
Manufacturing and trade reporter Shwanika Narayan can be reached at email@example.com or (323) 556-8351. Follow her on Twitter @shwanika.
You May Also Like
- Toymaker Suits UP with ‘Incredibles’
- Vegan Butterbeer Wanted
- Jakks Pacific Scores ‘Incredibles’ Licensing Deal with Disney
- Toymaker Jakks Pacific Renews Disney Deal
- Santa Monica Toy Maker Jakks Receives Takeover Offer from HK Company
- Jakks Pacific Renews Licensing Deal for Power Rangers Costumes
- Toymaker Jakks Pacific CFO Steps Down
- Jakks Pacific Still Considering Meisheng’s Acquisition Offer