Leaf Group raised $23.3 million in a secondary public offering of its stock on Feb. 12.
Funds will be used for working capital and potential acquisitions, the Santa Monica-based company announced earlier this month. The firm sold 3,373,332 shares of its common stock, including full exercise of the underwriter’s option to purchase additional shares of common stock, at a public offering price of $7.50 per share.
Leaf Group runs a diversified portfolio of e-commerce and online publishers, including home décor e-tailer Society6 and how-to website eHow. The company is working on a turnaround after years of declining revenue and losses. In December, its Chief Executive Sean Moriarty said the firm would be profitable, on an EBITDA basis, in the fourth quarter of 2018.
Technology reporter Garrett Reim can be reached at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @garrettreim for the latest in L.A. tech news.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report Feb. 13: Leaf Group Raises $23.3 Million in Secondary Offering
- Silicon Beach Report May 4: Soylent Raises $50 Million, Plans In-Store Sales
- Upfront Ventures Joins Jeff Skoll, Paul Allen Investing Arms in $119M Sale of TrueCar Shares
- Upload Crafts Coursework for VR, AR Acting
- Silicon Beach Report June 26: Sean Parker Leaves Spotify Board
- Demand Media to Change Its Name to Leaf Group
- Silicon Beach Report Feb. 2: Snap Inc. Files for $3 Billion IPO; Discloses 158 Million Daily Active Users
- Tinder’s Parent Match Group Aims to Raise $466 Million in IPO