Fair raises $50 million and acquires rental car delivery service Skurt; Global Eagle submits overdue SEC filings; and Hulu says Super Bowl live-streaming outage was caused by program-extension glitch.
Short-term car leasing startup Fair confirmed that it raised about $50 million in a round led by next47, the venture capital firm backed by Siemens; and acquired Skurt, a service that lets you rent a car, and then delivers that vehicle to you, TechCrunch reports. As part of the deal, Skurt’s existing service will be shut down and its technology and team will be integrated into Fair
Satellite connectivity and content provider Global Eagle Entertainment on Jan. 31 handed in the last of its late financial documents to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, and expects the Nasdaq stock exchange will soon halt its delisting process, SpaceNews reports. The company had received several warnings since March that it was out of compliance with Nasdaq criteria. Global Eagle blamed its tardiness in delivering to the SEC a 2016 annual report and quarterly reports for the first nine months of 2017 on difficulty integrating recent mergers, most notably the $550 million purchase of EMC in May 2016.
An unknown number of Hulu’s live TV subscribers missed the final minutes of Super Bowl LII — just before the last-ditch effort by the New England Patriots to tie up the game failed — and the company on Monday blamed the outage on an error in its system for extending live programming past its scheduled stop time, Variety reports. A Hulu rep said a small number of subscribers was affected by the outage.
Technology reporter Garrett Reim can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @garrettreim for the latest in L.A. tech news.
You May Also Like
- Silicon Beach Report Feb. 22: Global Eagle Stock Plunges After CEO and CFO Resign
- Car App Revs Rentals Drive
- Deals & Dealmakers: Fair Tries Skurt on for Size
- Silicon Beach Report March 27: Faraday Future Cancels Plans to Build Assembly Factory in California
- Hulu, NBCUniversal Partner in Livestreaming Service Deal
- Silicon Beach Report Sept. 27: ‘Handmaid’s Tale’ Boosts Hulu Subscription Signups
- Disney’s Fox Buy Nets Streaming Outlet
- Silicon Beach Report Dec. 29: Faraday Future CEO Ding Lei Steps Down