ACCO Engineered Systems purchased a six-story, 235,000-square-foot office building at 888 E. Walnut St. in Pasadena for $112 million, or nearly $477 per square foot, from JP Morgan Chase & Co.
The Class-A building was constructed in 2005 and contains 36 surface parking spaces as well as 690 covered parking spots.
Ray Howden and Seth Wellisch of Cresa were the brokers representing ACCO. Shaun Stiles of Cushman & Wakefield represented the seller.
Pasadena had an office vacancy rate of 15.6 percent in the fourth quarter of 2017, according to data provided by Jones Lang LaSalle Inc. The city had negative net absorption of 21,052 square feet, a decline of nearly 62 percent year over year.
Real estate reporter Ciaran McEvoy can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or (323) 556-8337.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Tri-Cities: Hot Office Market
- TRI-CITIES: IndyMac's Collapse Kicks Up Vacancy Rate in Pasadena
- Carson Industrial Properties Land Two Large Leases
- Engineering Firm KPFF Doubles Space to Consolidate Operations Downtown
- Strength Continues in Q1 as Offices Fill Space
- Three Mixed-Use Buildings in Highland Park Sell for $23.3 Million
- Commercial Acquisition Sets Westside Record
- Harbor Gateway Industrial Property Sells for $21M