Los Angeles private equity firm Platinum Equity announced that its portfolio company Vertiv completed the purchase of the maintenance business of MEMS Power Generation, a privately-owned company headquartered in the United Kingdom that specializes in temporary power solutions.
This marks the third acquisition for Columbus, Ohio-based Vertiv, which provides software and services for IT infrastructure. Platinum Equity states that privately held Vertiv last reported annual revenue of $4.4 billion at the time of its acquisition in 2016.
Vertiv employs more than 20,000 people and does business in more than 130 countries.
MEMS will now focus entirely on its generator rentals solutions business.
“Since partnering with Vertiv in 2016, we continue to be impressed by the company’s vision and ability to execute strategic deals that serve to expand the business in key growth areas,” said Platinum Equity Partner Jacob Kotzubei. “The Vertiv management team continues to make smart investments to grow its global business and position the company for continued success.”
The 160 MEMS contract customers in the U.K. range from data centers to hospitals and universities to industrial companies and utilities. Vertiv will service the newly acquired MEMS customers with the Vertiv U.K. service team.
Finance reporter Pat Maio can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or (323) 556-8329.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Key Deals: $3.9 Billion Husky Deal Big for Platinum
- L.A.-Based Cumming Buys U.K. Construction Consultancy Mellersh & Harding
- Platinum Equity Closes $6.5 Billion Fund, Purchases Staples’ Australia and New Zealand Business Units
- Deals & Dealmakers: Big Buy for Platinum’s Vertiv
- Platinum Equity Completes $2.1 Billion Acquisition of LifeScan From Johnson & Johnson
- Transom Capital-Backed Loud Audio Sells EAW Brand to RCF Group
- Skyview Capital Completes Acquisition of Customer Care Assets of Conduent
- Century City-Based Variant Equity Buys Stagecoach North America for $271.4M