Fat Brands Inc. announced Dec. 4 it acquired restaurant chain Yalla Mediterranean for an undisclosed amount.
The deal adds eight restaurants to Fat Brands’ stable of more than 300 franchised restaurants worldwide. The company, which reports system-wide sales of more than $300 million annually, said an additional 300 more locations are currently in development across 32 countries.
Yalla Mediterranean operates restaurants in the Calif. Bay Area as well as Burbank, Culver City and Seal Beach.
“Yalla Mediterranean's commitment to authentic, healthy and responsibly-sourced products aligns strongly with Fat Brands' commitment to providing guests with high-quality, made-to-order meals,” said Andy Wiederhorn, chief executive of Fat Brands. “By bringing Yalla Mediterranean into the Fat Brands family, we'll be able to help the brand grow its footprint in its existing markets and expand to new markets through our extensive network of franchise partners.”
Fat Brands’ current portfolio also includes Buffalo’s Express, Fatburger, Ponderosa Steakhouses and Hurricane Grill & Wings, which it acquired for $12.5 million in July 2018.
Tech reporter Samson Amore can be reached at email@example.com or (323) 556-8335. Follow him on Twitter @samsonamore.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Fat Brands Expanding in India With Plans to Open 60 New Restaurants
- Owner of Counter Burger Chain Sold, Will Leave L.A.
- Appetize Mobile Ordering App Adds NFL Backing; Total Funding Above $50 Million
- Buyer Looks to IPO To Feed Brand Deal
- Cornerstone OnDemand Acquires Hiring Platform Workpop
- Silicon Beach Report June 12: Bird Acquires Scoot
- Emerald Textiles Acquires MediClean Assets, Plans New Facility
- Beyond Meat Adds Vegetarian Burgers to 1,000 Carl’s Jr.’s Locations