Snapchat growing in UK, streaming service usage increases; Happy Returns partners with Paper Source
A new report from the Guardian U.S. reports that Santa Monica-based Snap Inc.’s Snapchat seems poised to overtake Facebook Inc. as the most popular social media app in the United Kingdom. According to the report, Snapchat is expected to grow its U.K. audience by more than 350,000 users by the end of 2018, bringing the total estimated user count to 5 million. By comparison, Faceboook’s user base in the U.K. is predicted to total 4.5 million users at the end of the year, nearly 500,000 less than the previous two.
The Hollywood Reporter’s latest analysis of streaming services found that 42 percent of the general population has live-streamed content, up from 25 percent last year. Additionally, the average viewer subscribes to an estimated three subscription services per year, and roughly 80 percent of the general population streams video online at least once per week.
E-commerce outfit Happy Returns, based in Santa Monica, announced Aug 28 it has partnered with the Paper Source to open “return bars” in their stores. Los Angeles Business Journal reports this means that the in-person return service for online merchants that Happy Returns provides is now available in 125 Paper Source stores across the country.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 1: Snapchat Launches Speech Recognition
- Silicon Beach Report March 15: Snapchat Posts Ad Referencing Domestic Violence, Stock Drops 4 Percent
- Snapchat Launches Ad Agency
- Snapchat Receives 4 Billion Videos Views, Driving Heavy Spending
- Silicon Beach Report July 5: Snap Lacks Active Users, Far Less Than Instagram
- Silicon Beach Report May 14: U.S. Supreme Court Legalizes Sports Betting
- Silicon Beach Report Jan. 5: Imax to Launch VR Arcade in Los Angeles
- Silicon Beach Report April 11: Hulu and Spotify Announce Bundle Subscription