In his burgeoning False Claims Act and government-facing litigation practice, Jim Zelenay has represented clients across the nation, in various district and appellate courts, and has represented clients in the educational, financial, medical, pharmaceutical, constructing, accounting, telecommunication, insurance, and other industries. His practice focuses on government-facing litigation and investigations, and he has particular experience in whistleblower and False Claims Act litigation.
Recently, Zelenay’s leadership helped secure the dismissal and affirmance of the then-longest running False Claims Act case in history (pending for 20 years) only eight months after Gibson Dunn was retained, based upon a theory the Gibson Dunn team developed and had not been advanced in the prior history of the case. The Gibson Dunn team with Zeleney’s guidance secured the dismissal of a contentious whistleblower case filed against a member of a management entity of a hospital, setting a defense-positive trend for litigants in government facing litigation based upon what types of statements may be actionable in whistleblower litigation.
You May Also Like
- Top Litigators in Los Angeles: GARY LINCENBERG
- LA 500: Theodore J. Boutrous Jr.
- Justice Department Accuses IPC of Billing Fraud
- Local Firm Wants to Go On Defense Internationally
- Overseas Appeals
- Top Litigators in Los Angeles: WAYNE BARSKY
- MOST INFLUENTIAL MINORITY ATTORNEYS: PAUL CHAN
- Documentary Maker Files Claim in Dole Food Fight