Timothy Pierce’s practice focuses on construction industry matters, representing clients from the inception of a project and the formation of contracts to the resolution of claims in litigation. He has had extensive trial experience in construction matters, having tried 14 construction cases to juries totaling more than 75 weeks in front of juries, and has been lead trial counsel in cases from Seattle to San Diego. He has obtained two verdicts in excess of $30 million and has recovered more than $100 million for clients in judgments and settlements.
Recently, Pierce represented a joint venture of Shimmick Construction and Obayashi Corporation (SOJV) as plaintiff in an eight-figure damage claim against the San Diego County Water Authority for construction by SOJV of a dam in San Diego County. The project was 14 months late and the parties disputed responsibility for that delay. In January, after a 12-week jury trial, the jury awarded a verdict in excess of $30 million for SOJV.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Most Influential Women Attorneys: CELESTE BRECHT
- Leaders in Law Finalists - ATTORNEY AWARDS: LITIGATION ATTORNEYS
- The Most Influential Intellectual Property Attorneys In Los Angeles: DANIEL SCOTT SCHECTER
- Most Influential Minority Attorneys: Benjamin T. Wang
- Leaders in Law Finalists - Attorney Awards: LABOR AND EMPLOYMENT ATTORNEYS
- Most Influential Minority Attorneys: Terry B. Bates
- Insurers Approach Cases Based on Numbers, Not Emotion
- Leaders in Law 2018 Winners: Intellectual Property Firm Attorney of the Year - Rick Richmond