Akin Gump partner Neal Marder is one of the leading class action litigators in the country, obtaining favorable verdicts, decisions and settlements for clients across industries and international borders. A recognized trailblazer in the area of litigation – known for employing innovative strategies and compelling case presentation and experience gained from more than 30 years of practice – Marder has amassed an enviable track record of success in consumer and securities class actions. He has also had tremendous success trying betthe- company cases and achieving winning results for both plaintiffs and defendants.
A recent example of his successful engagements, after a series of courtroom and deposition victories, a team led by Marder obtained a highly favorable settlement of a securities class action filed by Avenue Capital alleging misstated financials by Korean company MagnaChip, which ended an eight-year saga involving, at one point, over $350 million in potential damages exposure for client and controlling shareholder Avenue Capital.
You May Also Like
- Making Mark Against Graffiti, Trash
- Top Litigators in Los Angeles: GREG KNOPP
- County Pays Out $20 Million for Rail Property
- Most Influential Women Attorneys: MARIAH BRANDT
- Most Influential Women Attorneys: CELESTE BRECHT
- Cop Shop
- Lower Profits Cited in Troop Defections at Akin Gump
- Appellate Ruling Is Seen as Deathknell For Overtime Suits