Marvin Putnam is a trial lawyer who leads the national litigation team in Latham’s Entertainment, Sports and Media practice, and he is local Co-Chair of Latham’s Litigation & Trial practice in Los Angeles. He offers clients a combination of litigation experience with keen insight on the entertainment industry. He has successfully represented clients ranging from individual authors and producers, to leading entertainment companies and investment banks. His accomplishments at trial and appellate courts, both state and federal, as well as internationally, have earned Putnam a reputation as a market-leading entertainment litigator.
Recently, Putnam has been tapped as a go-to lawyer in cases connected to the #MeToo Movement, representing high-profile entertainment and media clients to conduct internal investigations, assist with government inquiries, and manage crisis responses. A notable recent victory came for client MGM Studios, when a federal judge in Los Angeles dismissed a lawsuit brought by an entertainment lawyer who had claimed employment misconduct and defamation after he was fired following his arrest for sexual assault of a child.
You May Also Like
- Top Litigators in Los Angeles: JOSHUA HAMILTON
- Top Litigators in Los Angeles: RICHARD L. STONE
- The Most Influential Intellectual Property Attorneys In Los Angeles: VINCENT H. CHIEFFO
- Firm Looks to Get Ball Rolling With Sports Clients
- Vet Attorney Draws Double Management Duty
- Alschuler Breakup Complete With Launch of Dreier Stein
- Top Litigators in Los Angeles: WAYNE BARSKY
- The Most Influential Intellectual Property Attorneys In Los Angeles: MITCH KAMIN