Marvin Putnam is a trial lawyer who leads the national litigation team in Latham’s Entertainment, Sports and Media practice, and he is local Co-Chair of Latham’s Litigation & Trial practice in Los Angeles. He offers clients a combination of litigation experience with keen insight on the entertainment industry. He has successfully represented clients ranging from individual authors and producers, to leading entertainment companies and investment banks. His accomplishments at trial and appellate courts, both state and federal, as well as internationally, have earned Putnam a reputation as a market-leading entertainment litigator.
Recently, Putnam has been tapped as a go-to lawyer in cases connected to the #MeToo Movement, representing high-profile entertainment and media clients to conduct internal investigations, assist with government inquiries, and manage crisis responses. A notable recent victory came for client MGM Studios, when a federal judge in Los Angeles dismissed a lawsuit brought by an entertainment lawyer who had claimed employment misconduct and defamation after he was fired following his arrest for sexual assault of a child.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Top Litigators in Los Angeles: RICHARD L. STONE
- Top Litigators in Los Angeles: JOSHUA HAMILTON
- The Most Influential Intellectual Property Attorneys In Los Angeles: VINCENT H. CHIEFFO
- Leaders in Law 2018 Winners: Environmental Firm Attorney of the Year - James L. Arnone
- Top Litigators in Los Angeles: WAYNE BARSKY
- Firm Looks to Get Ball Rolling With Sports Clients
- Vet Attorney Draws Double Management Duty
- Law Firm Wins Staff on Appeal