Recently named as partner in charge of Akin Gump’s Los Angeles office, Greg Knopp is a recognized leader not only within the firm but throughout the area of labor and employment. He regularly helms many of the nation’s most closely watched employment disputes involving class action and Private Attorneys General Act (PAGA) claims for industry giants – including long standing firm clients Starbucks, Ernst & Young and Michaels – the outcomes of which hold important implications for future case law not only in California but nationwide.
In addition to being partner in charge of the firm’s Los Angeles office, Knopp also serves as a member of the firm’s management committee and was formerly on its partnership admissions committee. Among his recent work, Knopp is representing Starbucks in two PAGA actions seeking to recover civil penalties on behalf of all California employees in connection with various alleged improper pay practices.
You May Also Like
- Leaders in Law Honorees - Attorney Awards: C.N. FRANKLIN REDDICK III
- After Merger, Profit Sharing Battle Leads to Exodus From Akin Gump
- Most Influential Women Attorneys: MARISSA ROMÁN GRIFFITH
- Top Litigators in Los Angeles: NEAL MARDER
- Lower Profits Cited in Troop Defections at Akin Gump
- PAGA Suits Raise Employer Stakes
- Most Influential Women Attorneys: MICHELE J. BEILKE
- U.S. Supreme Court Passes on Labor Code Suits