Alston & Bird partner Ed Casey is recognized as one of California’s top land use litigators, with his litigation practice focusing almost exclusively on land use and matters arising under the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA). He represents a variety of residential, retail and commercial developers in land use litigation challenging their development projects. His practice also extends to the permitting and entitlement process since land use and CEQA litigation is primarily based on the evidence introduced during the entitlement process. Casey also handles water rights litigation for both private landowners and major public agencies.
In the past decade, Casey, as the lead litigator for Alston & Bird, has secured 25 wins at the trial and appellate levels in defending projects against CEQA and other litigation challenges to those projects, far ahead of other practitioners in this area of law. His success rate has solidified him as a leader in the land use world.
You May Also Like
- Environmental Act Needs Straightforward Reform
- Most Influential Women Attorneys: NICKI CARLSEN
- Vet Attorney Sees Different CEQA Environment
- Court Goes Big For Mansions, Curbs Nimbys
- Early Kickoff For NFL Cases
- Top Litigators in Los Angeles: JAMES R. EVANS, JR.
- Southern Firms Head West to Rustle Up Business
- MOST INFLUENTIAL MINORITY ATTORNEYS: JESSE JAUREGUI