As co-leader of Mayer Brown’s Consumer Litigation & Class Actions practice and co-leader of its Food False Advertising group, Giali has distinguished himself as the country’s go-to defense lawyer for defending food companies in consumer class actions alleging that products have misleading labels. In this kind of litigation, largely brought under California consumer protection laws, enterprising plaintiffs’ lawyers attack the veracity of just about any statements on products, such as “natural,” “organic,” “probiotic,” “non- GMO,” “healthy,” “sugar free,” “0 grams trans fat,” and “antioxidant.”
These suits began to explode beginning in 2008 and more than a thousand have been filed against the food industry since then. The leading attorney helping clients in response to these lawsuits is Giali, who has notched more than 100 favorable results. His clients include some of the most recognizable names in the consumer food business, including Nestle USA, Tyson Foods, Purina, Campbell Soup Co., Gerber, Ferrara Candy Co., KIND LLC, and California-based Foster Farms, Dreyer’s Grand Ice Cream and Amy’s Kitchen.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Top Litigators in Los Angeles: MICHAEL K. BROWN
- Firm Seeks Bigger Share of Unfair Practices Business
- Leaders in Law 2018 Firm Attorney of the Year Finalists: Roland Tellis
- Most Influential Women Lawyers: Sascha Henry
- Top Litigators in Los Angeles: ANA TAGVORYAN
- LA 500: Noel Cohen
- Noel Cohen
- L.A. Attorneys May Face Punishment in Dole Case