Years in Practice: 22
Years with Current Firm: 6
Assets Under Management in 2017: $3.9 billion
David Hou is a Senior Managing Director and Wealth Manager at First Republic Investment Management. He began his career in 1992 at Goldman Sachs in the Private Client Group. Hou and his entire team joined Merrill Lynch in 1997 where they helped to establish the Private Banking and Investment Group. Hou and his team left Merrill Lynch in May 2008 to found Luminous Capital, a fee only Registered Investment Advisor with completely open architecture. Luminous Capital quickly became one of the fastest growing independent wealth management firms in the country, and in 2012 was acquired by First Republic Bank.
Over the course of his 26 year career, Hou has provided his clients with financial as well as personal advice as families experience life events, especially in the areas of estate planning and charitable giving. He and his team have assisted numerous clients in developing tax-efficient estate plans and optimizing wealth transfer to heirs.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Profiles: David Hou, Mark Sear
- 'Meat and Potatoes' Is Pricey Entree for This Manager
- Special Report Banking & Finance: More Money Men
- The Most Influential Wealth Managers In Los Angeles: KEITH WEBSTER
- The Money Book: Bruce Munster
- First Republic to Acquire L.A.’s Luminous Capital
- Merrill Lynch Hires Wealth Manager Bruce Munster from Morgan Stanley
- The Most Influential Wealth Managers In Los Angeles: RICHARD B. JONES