$1.25 million raised by Sagewise; Blizzard teases new Diablo game; Snap reports earnings
Long Beach-headquartered startup Sagewise announced today it netted $1.25 million in a seed round completed Aug. 3, Socaltech reports. The company has a legal focus and runs a blockchain system which secures smart contracts as well as allows users to resolve disputes using cryptocurrency. Its investors this round included Cipher Principles’ Maja Vujinovoc; Youbi Capital; and Ari Paul of Blocktower Capital GP.
Activision Blizzard Inc. released a video announcement Aug. 8 teasing its continuing work on the popular Diablo video game series, with the promise of a larger reveal by the end of 2018. ArsTechnica estimates the reveal will take place in November, when Blizzard Entertainment hosts its annual BlizzCon video game conference.
Snap Inc. released its second quarter earnings Aug. 7, which reported a 2 percent decline in daily active Snapchat users, the first decline since the company’s founding in 2011, according to the Business Journal. That said, Snap was able to trim down revenue losses by nearly $10 million.
You May Also Like
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 10: Snap Inc.’s Slow Second-Quarter Growth Disappoints Wall Street
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 14: Snapchat Gives Creators AR Power
- Apple Co-Founder Joins L.A. Crypto Summit
- Silicon Beach Report July 2: New COO at Lucidity
- Silicon Beach Report Oct. 18: LAEDC Includes 9 Sites in L.A. Region Bid for Amazon’s Second Headquarters
- Silicon Beach Report July 23: Snapchat Shutters SnapCash
- Silicon Beach Report July 5: Snap Lacks Active Users, Far Less Than Instagram
- Snap Q2 Earnings: Losses Trimmed but User Numbers Down