Facebook joins forces with MomentFeed startup; Zillow hires exec to lead digital content; SpaceX plans second reusable launch
Santa Monica-based mobile ad startup MomentFeed Inc. has linked with Facebook Inc., Socaltech reports. MomentFeed, which tracks shoppers’ mobile experiences as they visit storefronts, has gained the title of official Facebook marketing partner and access to Facebook’s API . The company is already tweaking its programs to accommodate Facebook’s New Recommendations feature, which Facebook says is designed to connect users and local businesses.
Matt Sims, a former executive with Walt Disney Co. subsidiary Maker Studios Inc., has been chosen to lead digital real estate firm Zillow Group Inc.’s original content team. According to the Hollywood Reporter, Sims will stay based in Los Angeles and help Zillow (based in Seattle) sell and develop content to sell for digital distribution.
Less than three months after the Block 5 model of Space Exploration Technologies Corp.’s Falcon 9 rocket was launched, its components will be on the launch pad again on Aug. 7 to undergo a geostationary satellite launch from Florida’s Cape Canaveral Air Force Station. ArsTechnica reports the reusable booster is the second renewable rocket used by SpaceX, the first was launched in March 2017. The Aug. 7 launch will be broadcast live at approximately 1:18 a.m. on SpaceX’s website.
You May Also Like
- Silicon Beach Report May 5: SpaceX to Relaunch Second Used Rocket in June
- SpaceX: Mission Not Exactly Accomplished
- Silicon Beach Report Feb. 20: Whatsapp Updates with Snapchat-Like Vanishing Content
- SpaceX Reusable Rocket Makes Horizontal Return
- Silicon Beach Report: Meg Whitman Tapped as Chief Executive of Katzenberg’s WndrCo
- SpaceX Runs Down All Rocket Explosion Leads, Sabotage Included
- SpaceX Pursues Goal of Low-Cost Launch
- Silicon Beach Report Nov. 29: Proofpoint to Acquire Secure Browser Developer Weblife for $66 Million