Dodgers kicks off youth sports program; new Overwatch teams from across the county and around the world; Boeing delays Starliner capsule launch
The Los Angeles Dodgers and its investment firm Elysian Park Ventures announced Aug. 2 they have funded and launched a new venture called E|L1. Socaltech reports the venture is founded by Aaron Trolia and is designed to focus on providing professional instruction for youth athletes and coaches. Additionally, the venture will launch in tandem with Redondo Beach-headquartered GBG Training Academy which will be the first “Dodgers training academy” powered by the fund.
The Business Journal reports that Santa Monica-headquartered Activision Blizzard Inc.’s Blizzard Entertainment reports it will add two new teams to the 2019 season of its global e-sports competition, the Overwatch League. The teams, one from Atlanta and the other from Guangzhou, China, will compete alongside the league’s other 12 teams in competition beginning next year. Atlanta’s team is supported by a new franchise, Atlanta Esports Ventures, which was created by Cox Enterprises Inc. and Province Inc.
The Boeing Company, which has offices in El Segundo has delayed the tests for its Starliner capsule, a spacecraft designed to accommodate up to seven passengers for missions to low-Earth orbit. A crewed test will take place sometime in mid-2019, according to Boeing. According to Engadget, a propellant leak developed in the Starliner's abort engines during an engine test, which led the company to delay unmanned and crewed tests for the capsule until next year.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Blizzard’s Overwatch League Adds Two New Teams
- Silicon Beach Report Dec. 12: Greycroft Leads Happiest Baby Series B
- Silicon Beach Report Dec. 3: SpaceX Sends 64 to Space
- Silicon Beach Report July 12: Activision Blizzard Inc. Launches Pro League for Overwatch
- Silicon Beach Report Nov. 2: Activision Blizzard’s Q3 Results Beat Expectations
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 14: Snapchat Gives Creators AR Power
- Silicon Beach Report Jan. 2: Activision Appoints New CFO
- Silicon Beach Report Dec. 26: Katzenberg Hires More Quibi Executives