DEREK H. MCCANN
Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel
Derek McCann is managing director of the Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel, with oversight of all aspects of the beachfront property. McCann has 20 years of experience with hotels and resorts across the country, including at managing director of Loews Ventana Canyon Resort in Tucson, Ariz., and vice president and hotel manager of the 2,882- room Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center in Nashville, Tenn. McCann, while in Nashville, was on the boards of University of Tennessee’s School of Retail, Hospitality and Tourism Management and worked with Junior Achievement of Middle Tennessee, an organization founded to prepare young people to succeed in the global economy. McCann also worked the Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center in Grapevine, Texas. The Scottish-born McCann got his start in hospitality in 1997 as an assistant front office manager of the Sheraton Gateway at Los Angeles International Airport. He holds a hotel administration degree from Cornell University in 1996.
You May Also Like
- Beach Hotel’s Revamp Aims For Big Splash
- MetLife Becomes Joint Owner of Loews Hollywood Hotel
- Loews Completes Acquisition of Renaissance Hotel
- Laura McIver
- Loews Santa Monica Part of Luxury Hotel Portfolio Reportedly for Sale
- HOTELS --- Beachfront Battleground
- Will Loews Santa Monica Top $500M?