Iyaye Amabeoku has more than nine years of experience providing advisory and consultation services to large complex global organizations in the areas of operational and complex accounting, financial reporting, and project management. He has deep experience with U.S. generally accepted accounting principles and international financial reporting standards.
In 2009, he started his career in South Africa as an external auditor with Deloitte South Africa. There he qualified as Chartered Accountant, and has been a member of the South African Institute of Chartered Accountant since 2012. Since moving to the US in 2012, he has worked as both an external auditor and as a technical accounting consultant. He is a licensed CPA (licensed in California, Colorado and Illinois), is certified as a Project Management Professional, and has passed Level I of the CFA Program.
In the past 12 months, Amabeoku has launched and leads a new service line (Technical Accounting Consulting) in the Los Angeles office of RSM that includes providing technical accounting advice to clients undergoing complex transactions. He is currently tasked with leading the initiative around the implementation of the new leasing standard, ASC 842. As part of this initiative, Amabeoku and the TAC group are helping clients design solutions to operationalize accounting and financial reporting change related to the implementation of this new standard. He is also leading the execution of the implementation of the standard in Fortune 1000 companies, and is part of the leadership team actively meeting with clients to propose work relating to this initiative around the country.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Most Influential Minority CPAs: MOHAMED SOBHY
- Most Influential Women in Accounting: New Exam Available to Obtain New Fair Value Measurement Credential
- State of Accounting: Doing Business in LA: Current Challenges and Potential Opportunities
- Most Influential Minority CPAs: KASH HUSSAIN
- Most Influential Minority CPAs: STAFORD FRANCOIS
- Watchdog Faults L.A. Auditor
- The Business of Accounting: A Discussion with the Experts