Pardis Zomorodi advises on transactional tax issues in notable deals, many of which have impact on the California economy, including: mergers, acquisitions and spin-off transactions; taxation of corporations, partnerships and real estate investment trusts (REITs); formation of private equity funds and real estate funds; and securities offerings and financing transactions. Zomorodi also serves as the deputy office managing partner of Latham’s Century City Office.
Zomorodi has extensive experience structuring taxable and tax free mergers, acquisitions, dispositions and spin offs for clients that include REITs, private equity funds, and media & entertainment companies. A highlight of her work on recent high-profile transactions is the representation of Entercom Communications in its $4 billion merger with CBS Radio. The deal, which closed in November 2017, created the second-largest radio company in the US and involved the spin-off of CBS Radio by CBS and its acquisition by Entercom Communications in a “reverse Morris Trust” transaction.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Station Owners Face Biz Woes
- Citadel Gets Approval to Buy Disney's ABC Radio
- Citadel to Buy Disney Radio Assets
- Disney's Radio Spinoff Deal Dominated Acquisition Scene
- Latham & Watkins Make Big Name in Big Apple World
- Investor At Home in Medical Buildings, Senior Housing
- Leaders in Law Finalists - Attorney Awards: CORPORATE ATTORNEYS
- Broadcast Uncertainty