As co-chair of Stroock’s national Financial Services Litigation, Regulation and Enforcement Group managing 36 attorneys in Los Angeles, New York, D.C. and Miami, Julia Strickland has built a strong reputation for being a leader in the representation of financial services companies having litigated all aspects of issues confronting the financial services industry, including lending and servicing, retail banking, unfair practices, insolvency, and federal and state regulatory compliance.
In addition to managing Stroock’s Los Angeles office and sitting on the firm’s executive committee, she has amassed a client list that includes the who’s who of industry companies, such as American Express, CIT, Citigroup, Discover, JPMorgan Chase, HSBC, TransUnion, Synchrony, BMW Financial, USAA and PayPal. Last year, Strickland won summary judgment in favor of her clients BMW Bank of North America and BMW Financial Services NA, LLC, defeating a putative class action alleging over $40 million in potential damages under the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, 47 U.S.C. Â§ 227.
You May Also Like
- Attorney Hopes to Make Case as Content Producer
- Most Influential Women Attorneys: PATRICIA L. GLASER
- Lawyers Settled on Small When Opening Firm
- Lower-Cost Firms Among L.A.’s Fastest Growing
- Profile: Chauncey Swalwell - Legal
- Top Litigators in Los Angeles: MARVIN S. PUTNAM
- Expanding Firm Casts Media Lawyer in Key Role