Nina Marino comes from a family of civil lawyers, including her mother, father, three siblings, cousins and uncles on both sides of the family. She attended law school at night, working at a criminal defense law firm during day. Upon passing the bar and being sworn in, she was in court representing a client the next day. Within two years of becoming a lawyer, Marino started her own criminal defense law firm. Within seven years, she opened Kaplan Marino, a white-collar criminal defense law firm. Over the course of the past 27 years, her practice has transitioned from a traditional criminal defense practice to a highly sophisticated white-collar crime practice.
Marino is also a trailblazer in bringing women to the forefront as well as important social issues to the public eye and mind. As Director of Continuing Legal Education for ABA Criminal Justice Section, she has changed the composition of educational programming to ensure that women speakers are fairly represented.
You May Also Like
- Los Angeles Business Journal Women's Summit: SUMMIT SPEAKERS & PANELISTS
- New Federal Prosecutor Could Intensify Focus On White-Collar Crime
- Top Litigators in Los Angeles: RICHARD MARMARO
- Better Suited
- Most Influential Women Attorneys: JANET I. LEVINE
- Most Influential Women Attorneys: NICOLE RODRIGUEZ VAN DYK
- Terry W. Bird