JiJi Park is the co-leader of Pillsbury’s FinTech, Payments & Blockchain focus team and Unclaimed Property team. She represents some of the world’s largest companies with their needs involving digital and virtual currencies, prepaid cards, closed-and open-loop programs, e-wallets, mobile payments, and loyalty and promotional programs. She also handles mergers and acquisitions, private equity investments, and distribution and licensing agreements. Her clients include financial institutions, money services businesses, retail corporations, payment processors, online marketplaces, and Internet escrow companies.
Recently, she served as regulatory counsel to global fintech leader in its approximately $3.5 billion acquisition, advising in particular with respect to multistate financial services and gaming licensing change of control requirements. She also advocated and delivered testimony on behalf of a leading fintech company before the Michigan Senate Banking and Financial Institutions Committee Hearing in support of legislation that, if enacted, would exclude the issuance, sale, or distribution of certain closed-loop prepaid access cards from the license requirement under the Michigan Money Transmission Services Act.
You May Also Like
- Leaders in Law 2017 Nominees - Jumping Aboard the Blockchain: What Lies Ahead for “Smart Contracts”?
- L.A. Ventures Forge Links to Blockchain
- Fintech Companies Expect to Click Again in 2017
- Card Punchers
- Green Dot Completes Mobile Technology Acquisition
- Balance Shift In Debit Cards
- Prepaid Card King Draws a Big Rival
- Mobile Wallet App Whips Out the Plastic