One of the few female partners – and among the very few senior Latina attorneys in private practice – specializing in entertainment transactional matters, Marissa Román Griffith is a recognized leader in her field. She regularly handles multimillion-dollar representations for financiers, borrowers, distributors and others involved in various aspects of the production, financing and distribution of film, television and digital content, including credit facilities (on behalf of the lead agent/lender as well as the borrower), domestic and international co-financing agreements and slate transactions.
In addition to maintaining her successful practice, Griffith co-chairs Akin Gump’s Los Angeles office diversity committee and sits on the firmwide diversity committee. She is also heavily involved in the firm’s women executives in entertainment network initiative launched last year, with the goal of promoting women in business, both externally and internally, through periodic social and educational events designed to broaden collective relationships and strengthen connections within the industry.
You May Also Like
- MOST INFLUENTIAL MINORITY ATTORNEYS: MARISSA ROMÁN GRIFFITH
- Leaders in Law 2018 Winners: Entertainment Firm Attorney of the Year - Christopher S. Spicer
- Top Litigators in Los Angeles: GREG KNOPP
- Most Influential Women Attorneys: MARISSA DENNIS
- Leaders in Law Honorees - Attorney Awards: C.N. FRANKLIN REDDICK III
- Leaders in Law 2018 Firm Attorney of the Year Finalists: Daniel Sinaiko
- MOST INFLUENTIAL MINORITY ATTORNEYS: MARISSA M. DENNIS
- Most Influential Women Attorneys: MARY CRAIG CALKINS