Celeste Brecht is a partner at Venable LLP, where her practice focuses on complex civil litigation. She has been a member of multiple trial teams in both state and federal court, and has obtained successful jury verdicts for her clients. Additionally, Brecht has won numerous dispositive motions in advance of trial and has managed cases from inception through post-verdict motions involving commercial business disputes, employment matters, as well as products and premises liability cases for clients ranging in size from regional business entities to Fortune 50 companies. Brecht has also obtained successful results for her clients in a variety of administrative forums.
Among Brecht’s recent significant cases was her work successfully defeating class certification in a California consumer protection and unfair competition case. She also recently obtained a favorable verdict on behalf of leading media company in a defamation trial. She also won anti SLAPP motion, affirmed on appeal, on behalf of a high-profile actor, producer, and comedian, which defeated allegations of harassment, discrimination, and defamation.
You May Also Like
- Leaders in Law Finalists - ATTORNEY AWARDS: LITIGATION ATTORNEYS
- Most Influential Women Attorneys: MARIAH BRANDT
- Top Litigators in Los Angeles: WILLIAM J. BRIGGS, II
- Firm Looks to Get Ball Rolling With Sports Clients
- Most Influential Women Attorneys: ROBYN C. CROWTHER
- Top Litigators in Los Angeles: J. MIRA HASHMALL
- Top Litigators in Los Angeles: ALEX WEINGARTEN
- The Most Influential Intellectual Property Attorneys In Los Angeles: DANIEL SCOTT SCHECTER