The Los Angeles Dodgers will host the 2020 Major League Baseball All-Star game, according reports from the Orange County Register and Bloomberg.
A formal announcement awarding the Midsummer Classic to the Dodgers is expected April 11.
This ends a nearly forty-year drought for Los Angeles as a host city for the baseball showcase – the last time Dodger Stadium played host was for the 1980 All-Star Game. Other Southern California teams hosted more recently, including the San Diego Padres in 2016 and the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim 2010.
Staff Reporter Joshua Niv can be reached at email@example.com or (323) 556-8336.
You May Also Like
- Report: Creative Artists Agency Signs Japanese Baseball Star
- Santa Monica’s Appetize to Use Its Payment Technology at New LAFC Stadium
- L.A. Poised to Host Games Following Winning Bid for 2026 World Cup
- NBA All-Star Game Gives AEG Sponsorship Boost
- Los Angeles Tapped to Host 2023 College Football Championship
- Dodgers Land Manny Ramirez
- Stan Kasten
- Soon-Shiong's Next Purchase Could Be D.C. United Soccer Team